While we cannot control the pollution and impurities of the outer environment, it is our responsibility to keep the indoors dust-free and avoid long-term health complications that can result by breathing in impure air. To keep the air clean and free from dust mites, harmful allergens and other such impurities, use an air purifier. Other than helping you to combat medical conditions such as asthma, allergies and other critical lung diseases, using air purifiers is also good for keeping unpleasant odour away.
If you are interested in investing in an air purifier for a healthy lifestyle, in the long run, check out the top 11 options:
Table of Contents
Designed to remove 99.95% of pollutants automatically, the Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower works on advanced technology to keep the air of your room clean. The product is known for intelligent purification that works step by step- monitors, reacts and purifies. Not only that, but the device also keeps you informed about the air quality by sending data to the Dyson link app. The latter does much more than that- it also notifies you when the filters in the air purifier need to be changed.
- With the help of the air-multiplier technology and the oscillation feature, the Dyson Pure can project and circulate clean air in the entire room powerfully.
- It has a lower face velocity and features a highly efficient HEPA filter which can trap even the most ultrafine particles.
- The 360 degrees glass HEPA filter comes with a Tris-coated activated carbon- dual purification.
- It comes with a remote control. Not only that, but you can also control it from the Dyson link app.
- Has an LCD
- The air-purifier has 10 air speed settings, the auto-mode, night-time mode and a sleep timer.
Having an ultra-clear OLED display with touch control that can be operated with the help of a software application, Mi Air Purifier should be chosen for its energy-efficient technology. The product has been certified by the Guangzhou Industrial Microbiology Testing Center. The noise levels are also kept to a minimum so that the user doesn’t face any major disturbance while sleeping or working.
- It has a filtration efficiency of 99.97% that can eliminate particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- The purifier uses a HEPA filter.
- The machine enables Wi-Fi connection i.e., it can be controlled via phone.
- It gives real-time updates regarding the quality of air, temperature and humidity.
- The device can also be controlled by Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- It features a 3-layer filtration with 360-degree air intake capacity.
- CADR is high- 380 m3/h.
- This is a 38W purifier.
Coming with a NanoProtect filter, the Philips air purifier has the capacity of delivering clean air at 270m3/hr. The purifier even removes the finest of dust particles from the air to make it completely safe for breathing. Harmful gases such as formaldehyde and TVOC are also filtered by the Vitashield IPS. If you want long-term protection from harmful air-borne particles, the extra thick NanoProtect HEPA with its superior purification technique is a perfect choice.
- The machine can automatically sense the quality of air and has the capacity of removing up to 99.99% of germs.
- To improve the air quality of a standard room (223-333 sq. ft.), it takes about 12 minutes.
- Featuring a 4-stage filtration process with a pre-filter, activated carbon filter and a double-layered H13 grade TRUE HEPA filter.
- It also gives real-time feedback about air quality.
- The machine is tested by ECARF as allergy-friendly.
- It comes with a child lock to prevent unintended changes in settings.
- The purifier has a smart air sensor that can detect PM2.5 levels and increase the speed of the fan.
- The night sensing mode with dimmed light and low sound help you to have a sound and safe sleep.
- The Healthy air protect filter notifies you when it’s time to change filters.
The Dyson Pure has made a significant reputation in the market because it’s the only air purifier that comes with built-in heater functionality. It can filter 99.95% of harmful pollutants and at the same time, heat the room. Not only that, but the air purifier senses pollution automatically, captures ultrafine particles (as small as 0.1 microns) and then projects purified air with the help of the Air Multiplier technology. It can only work on a 15 Amp socket.
- The machine can purify the air automatically and heat a room.
- The air-quality is automatically sensed and reported on the LCD screen via the Dyson link app.
- The 360-degrees Glass HEPA filter and Tris Impregnated activated carbon filter can trap 99.95% of ultra-fine pollutants, as small as PM 0.1.
- It features the patented AirMultiplierTM technology with a 350-degrees oscillation that can cover the entire room easily (600 sq. ft.).
- This 40W air-purifier is an energy-efficient device.
- It comes with a heater mode, draught-free diffused mode, 10-speed settings, auto mode, night mode and sleep timer.
- The model is Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled.
- The air-purifier is equipped with bladeless fans for safety.
- It is certified as asthma and allergy friendly by AAFC.
The three automatic purification settings like the General mode, the extra-sensitive Allergen mode and the extra powerful bacteria-virus mode ensure that the product delivers its best services to keep the air clean. For optimization of purification, choose any of these modes. The clean air delivery rate is boosted up to 344 m3/hr. With this product, you can easily get rid of unpleasant gas odour too. The best part is that the Phillips air purifier is manufactured to eliminate 99.9% harmful microbes from the air.
- The Vitashield Intelligent purification automatically detects the quality of air and eliminates 99.97% airborne pollutants.
- It has a CADR of 333 m3/h and can purify a standard room in just 10 minutes; room size: 269-409 sq. ft.
- It is equipped with AeraSense monitors and provides real-time updates on the quality of air.
- It’s been tested to remove 99.90% bacteria, viruses, pollens and house mites.
- The machine operates at low noise so as not to disrupt sleep.
- 3 smart pre-settings are available for filtering out the pollution.
This modern-day air-purifier features DuPont filtration that delivers clean air in the room. The quality of the air is automatically detected and TruSens adjusts it to distribute purified air evenly. Apart from eliminating pollutants, the purifier also detects odour and smoke to remove accordingly.
- Perfect for a room of 375 sq. ft., the 4 levels of purification- pre-filter, carbon filter, HEPA filter and UV sterilization ensure that you breathe in the purest and healthiest air.
- The Smart Sensing feature monitors the air-quality to take action immediately via the SensorPod.
- The 360-degrees DuPont filtration eliminates all the allergens, VOC gases and other such minute particles.
- The dual airflow pure direct proprietary technology can split up the purified air into two streams for more even distribution.
- The detailed illuminated, colour-coded LED display informs about the condition of the filter with blue, yellow and red indicators.
- It can shoot air vertically or in a straight direction. Thus, the two ways airflow maximizes the output of air circulation.
The superior quality and intuitive design of the Coway Professional air-purifier can destroy 99.99% of allergens, bacteria and virus from the air. It will certainly make your daily life much healthier. The product comes with an intelligent auto-mode that can adjust the speed of the purifier depending on the quality of air. Cigarette smoke, bad odour and gas smells are also eradicated easily by this.
- It is a 38W lightweight air-purifier with optimized airflow techniques.
- The coverage area is approximately 355 sq. ft.
- The CADR is 303 m3/h.
- It has been tested by ECARF and certified as allergy-friendly.
- The pre-filter, patented urethane carbon filter and multi-layered anti-virus green HEPA filter captures the most minute pollutants to keep the air clean.
- It has been equipped with a smart pollution sensor that gives updates on real-time air quality.
- Depending on the air quality, the auto-mode adjusts the speed of the fan.
- It comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- The night mode dims the light and runs a low-sound operation.
The Honeywell air-purifier has the capacity to absorb impure air from the sides and bottom while releasing clean air from the top. This guarantees optimum air circulation to keep the indoor environment spic and span. It can be installed, used and the filter can also be replaced quite easily. The product ensures a noise-free operation so that you have a peaceful sleep at night.
- It has an efficient and versatile coverage area with a CADR of 250c3/h.
- Featuring a 3-stage advanced filtration process consisting of HEPA, pre-filter and activated carbon, it can remove more than 99% of airborne germs.
- The pre-filter is washable.
- The purifier is perfectly capable of removing formaldehyde, toxic gas, VOC and odour.
- It is an “ozone free” air-purifier that does not produce any harmful byproduct.
- The 3D airflow makes way for optimized air-circulation.
- It also has a filter life of 3000 hours.
- It comes with a child lock feature for safety.
Breathe in nothing but clean air with the Mi air purifier 2C that comes with a premium-quality CADR and True HEPA filter. It can remove 99.7% pollutants including the most minute particles (0.3 microns). The dual filtration technology features a powerful 360 degrees suction that can purify the air in less than 10 minutes.
- Coming with the True HEPA filter, it has an efficiency of 99.97% which makes it possible for the purifier to remove particles up to 0.3 microns.
- The 360 degrees air intake capacity stands for an extremely efficient filtration process.
- The CADR is 350 m3/h.
- The coverage area extends up-to 452 sq. ft.
- The real-time air quality indicator is there to help you furnish you appropriate information from time to time.
- It works on low power-consumption- 29W.
- It can clean the air of a room in 10 minutes.
The AeraSense and VitaShield IPS of the Philips 3000 Series has 99.97% efficiency that has the capability to remove particles, as small as 0.02 microns. The purifier can measure real-time indoor air quality and display them regularly. The model ensures long lifetime performance that can eliminate all the allergens and supply you with the healthiest air with pure accuracy.
- With a CADR of 397 m3/h, the Philips air-purifier can purify the entire room in just 8 minutes.
- The 4-stage filtration process consisting of the pre-filter, activated carbon filter and a double-layered H13 grade true HEPA filter ensures maximum output.
- The AeraSense design allows real-time monitoring and checking of air-quality with a simple indicator.
- It also has a special allergen mode that specifically removes all the airborne allergens.
- The quiet sleep mode lets the machine run yet maintain silence at night.
- There is also a Healthy air protect alert that notifies you about the quality of the filter when it requires changing.
This is a 56-Watt air-purifier that can clean the air of a 409 sq. ft. room perfectly. The VitaShield IPS technology with the help of the natural filtration process removes all the pollutants, allergens and microbes. The clean air delivery rate is 324 m3/hr. It features an Aerodynamic design that goes perfectly with the sophisticated architecture of your room.
- This room air-purifier has a high-efficiency particulate arrestant HEPA filter.
- The coverage area extends up to 409 sq. ft.
- The CADR is as high as 324 m3/h.
- The air quality is indicated with the help of 4 colours.
- It is 100% ozone free.
- The 56W purifier operates on low noise.
- Healthy air protect feature will notify you about the filter quality and when to replace it.
- The Pollution mode is there to detect invisible indoor air pollutants and provide real-time updates.
- There are separate purification modes like allergen mode, bacteria & virus mode for cleaning.
Q. Are air-purifiers very difficult and expensive to maintain?
A. Certainly, there are some high-maintenance air-purifiers in the market that require filter changing every other month but nowadays, the majority of items come with two to four filters that last around half a year to yield optimum results. You can also consider options with permanent filters.
Q. What will happen if I don’t change the air filters on time?
A. You will be at an increased risk of breathing in poor quality air, thus more likely to develop conditions like asthma, allergy and other respiratory problems. Not to mention, the efficiency of the purifier will also decrease, resulting in complete damage.
Q. What are the side effects of an air-purifier?
A. There are no side effects as such other than the fact that most of them produce harmful by-products which aren’t good for the environment. In that case, you can choose ozone-free options. At times electrostatic precipitators can make the room more humid than usual.
Considering buying an air purifier? Know that there are more than a hundred options available in the market from renowned brands. It is indeed quite important to choose one that will cater to your requirement for clean air in the long-term.
TYPES OF AIR-PURIFIER
a. HEPA Purifiers
These are the most commonly chosen purifiers for homes. It utilizes an age-old tried and tested method of eliminating microscopic particles from the air. These are high-efficiency purifiers that can filter up to 99.97% of airborne germs. As it functions, the filters become much more effective and do not produce any harmful by-product. You can also combine filtration technology with other forms of purification for better efficiency. However, the cost of replacing filters is relatively higher.
b. Activated Carbon Air-Purifiers
Air-purifiers that use activated carbon filters usually have a high absorbent ability which is quite effective for detecting pollutants, odour, smoke and microbes in the air. If the user has multiple chemical sensitivity, this is the ideal option for them.
c. Filterless Air-Purifiers
As the name suggests, these types of purifiers don’t use any filtration system. Instead, they utilize a separate mechanism to fulfil the purpose. Despite the absence of a filter, these are quite advanced and low-maintenance devices.
d. UV Technology Air-Purifier
This particular type uses antibacterial and germicidal UV filters to destroy harmful bacteria and germs. They sterilize the air completely and are preferable for hospitals, kitchens, labs and daycare centres.
These are foam or non-woven polyester that are perfect for eliminating relatively bigger particles such as pet hair. If you want to increase the efficiency and longevity of the purifier. At times, the technology is also combined with activated carbon filtration to remove odour and smoke from the air.
The passing air over an inner 400 degrees C ceramic plate helps to kill the organic microscopic particles like bacteria, viruses, dust mites as well as mould. However, it is a slow process as it works by convection to keep on circulating the air. It also does not work against the non-organic particles such as smoke and chemical vapours.
AIR CHANGE RATE
When you decide to buy an air purifier, it is important to check the air change rate i.e., the number of times a purifier cleans the entire room air within an hour. Of course, the number depends on the size of the room and the filter.
The size of the room is directly proportional to the size of the filter (or purifier) that you require. But it is not always possible to come across the perfect product by only determining size. Therefore, to be on the safe side, get an air purifier that has been manufactured to operate adequately in a space that is 20-40% of the size of your room.
- No one wants their electricity bills to soar up at the end of the month for a newly-installed essential device. That is why we suggest you get an energy-star rated product that goes easy on power consumption.
- If you don’t have budget constraints, go for a Wi-Fi air-purifier that can be controlled directly from the phone.
- Air-purifiers with air quality indicators are quite convenient because they give you real-time updates regarding the quality of the air that you’re breathing.
- For mobility, air-purifiers with caster wheels, handles are necessary.
- Filter change indicators are also a must because if they aren’t changed on time, your product may get damaged permanently.