Well, I felt the need for writing this article because 7-8 years ago when I was introduced to the game by my PT teacher, the rackets which were provided by the school was just the pieces of wood and, it was not easy for me to learn anything with those rackets. So I went to a sports shop and asked for the racket, and the salesperson showed me a variety of rackets. The only way to segregate the rackets was the price of it because being a beginner I didn’t know anything about the rackets, and I bought a random Stag racket worth ₹250 which was my budget at the time. So basically my point is there was no one to help me buy my first racket, not even the internet helped.
Are you a beginner who just entered into the game of Table tennis? Or a casual player who loves to play the game without any intention to participate in the tournament and can not decide which racket to buy?
Then you have come to the right place.
The first racket can be crucial for any player because it helps you find the way you are going to play in future and of course the memories you will have with it.
People think buying an expensive racket will help them improve their game. I can’t entirely agree with it, because when the player is in the beginning stage of learning and if you will give him the racket with a lot of power, spin, control he will not be able to know his natural game since he will be controlled by the racket, not the other way round.
In the end, I would say that if you are a beginner, buy a racket under the range of ₹1000 so that you will be able to improve the way you want and then go for higher-level rackets according to your style of play.
These are the top 5 best table tennis rackets under ₹1000 in India 2021:
1. This Racquet is made from superior class materials to offer lasting durability and high performance.
2. It has an excellent and strong grip which helps in hitting power shots
3. It is easy to handle and manoeuvre.
4. The racquet is highly durable and can withstand the wear and tear of regular use.
5. It offers good control which helps in playing quick and controlled shots.
1. The racquet is approved by TTFI but not from ITTF.
2. Little heavier than other racquets.
1. It delivers quality shots with more precision
2. It offers high durability and ensures that rough usage will not cause any wear and tear.
3. Good control and accuracy help in hitting impactful strikes.
4. It improves your skill and performance and adds excellent speed enabling you to make quick consistent shots.
5. The brand uses the best quality rubber to absorb shocks when the ball comes in contact.
1. The grip is average and if your hands are sweaty the racquet is going to jump out of your hand quickly.
2. It is not for the players who love to spin the ball
1. It is designed with an oval head shape and makes every shot more effective and accurate.
2. It provides good speed and great control without much effort.
3. This racquet offers good spin power.
4. It is made using the best quality materials and offers good durability
5. It offers good grip and firm hold over the handle during those long and intense matches.
1. Heavy racquet.
2. Not for the attacking players.
1. The oval head shape of the blade enables to deliver power shots.
2. This racquet offers good control which helps in hitting impactful strokes with great precision.
3. The imported handle offers an outstanding grip which helps in playing quick swings.
4. The racquet dampens the shock produced upon impact.
5 Made using premium materials, the racquet is highly durable and long-lasting.
1. Heavy racquet – It is the problem with all GKI racquets.
2. Rubber adhesive on edges not good
1. It has stiff flexibility which adds stability by providing better control and power.
2. Good for balance style of play.
3. It uses sturdy rubber which is long-lasting and offers optimum control.
4. Durable material which reduces the need for regular replacements.
5. It helps in practice for a longer time with a good quality grip.
1. Bad rubber cutting.
2. When new, the rubber is sticky.
But these cons don’t matter because rubber is easy to cut and stickiness go away with use.
1. The racquet comes with a combination of pimpled in and pimpled out rubbers which helps in having better control.
2. The handle offers an excellent and firm grip ensuring good stability and control.
3. Racquet good for offensive players
4. The anti-effect distributes the load of impact and absorbs shocks produced when the ball comes in contact with the racquet.
1. Less durable comparative to other rackets of the same price.
2. You will need time to use the pimpled-out side effectively.