Gone are the days when people used to wear watches for just checking the time. Technological advancement has revolutionized every aspect of life, and the smartwatch is indeed a “smart” creation that will help you to do a thousand other things along with telling time. You can connect it easily with your Android and iOS smartphones to tend to notifications, receive reminders, check the weather, track your fitness goals and play music.
Table of Contents
- Best Smartwatches Under ₹10000 in India:
- 1. Huami Amazfit GTS Smart Watch
- 2. Huami Amazfit GTR 42mm Smartwatch
- 3. Motorola – Moto 360 Smart Watch
- 4. Noise NoiseFit Fusion Hybrid Smart Watch
- 5. Honor Watch Magic
- 6. Huami Amazfit T-Rex Smart Watch
- 7. WatchOut Elegant Gen2 Smart Watch
- 8. Noise NoiseFit Evolve Full Touch Control Smart Watch
- 9. Fossil Sport FTW6025 Smartwatch
- 10. Amazfit Pace A1612 Multisport Smartwatch
- Buying guide- Smartwatches
Best Smartwatches Under ₹10000 in India:
If you thought watches were only for telling the time, you’re in for a delightful surprise. The new Amazfit smartwatch, with its sleek and active design, will go perfectly with any getup. It offers high-quality precision and has been equipped with a built-in GPS. Being comfortable and lightweight, this brand-new Huami smartwatch is surely going to be your favourite.
- It has a 345 PPI AMOLED 1.65-inch square display with editable widgets, 341 PPI resolution and corning gorilla glass.
- The metal body is made from high-quality aluminium alloy.
- It is water-resistant and can handle up to 50 metres of water pressure.
- Capable of tracking all of your activities with distance, active hours, calories and steps
- Provides smart notifications with customized vibrations
- Features a long-lasting battery life of 14 days
- Supports 12 mainstream sports modes- running, walking, cycling, treadmill etc.
- Can monitor heart rate during workout with the PPG sensor and alerts in case of high values
Looking for a trendy smartwatch that will make life simpler? This smartwatch by Huami Amazfit is going to impress you with its stylish design and advanced features. It has a fantastic battery life of 12 days which means one does not need to charge it frequently. The watch body is made from aluminium alloy. It is slim and light and perfect for wearing for long hours.
- High resolution 326 PPI on 1.2-inch AMOLED display
- This 5ATM water-resistant watch comes with 12 basic sports modes and music control.
- It also has a built-in GPS.
- The BioTracker PPG optical sensor helps to monitor heart rate and send warning signals upon detection of high value.
- The numerous practical applications like step counting, monitoring sleep, weather forecast, alarm clock and stopwatch also deserve special mention.
Motorola has revolutionized the concept of smartwatches with its latest product- Moto 360 smartwatch. It has been designed especially for Android users. Enjoy wireless connectivity with the Bluetooth 4.0 interface to operate your smartphones (Android 4.3 or higher) easily. Last but not least, the sleek and trendy design of the watch will go perfectly with your stylish attire.
- Manufactured from high-quality stainless steel; has genuine leather bands from Horween
- Comes with dual microphones and can respond to the user’s voice instantly
- It comes with a built-in pedometer that can track your steps, distance and calories burned, and an optical heart rate monitor to keep a close tab on the health.
- The product also has an ambient light sensor.
- Features a 1.56-inch screen display
If you’re looking for the ultimate smartwatch that features a stylish design and all the cool features, this NoiseFit Fusion product will tick all the checkboxes. Being a hybrid watch, it has a stainless-steel body with a sapphire glass that represents a classic style. Still, at the same time, it is equipped with all the modern smart features like a touchscreen display and multiple digital cloud-based watch faces.
- It features a 1.22-inch full-colour capacitive touch display that enables the smart movement of mechanical hands.
- Bluetooth BLE 4.2 is perfectly capable of working smoothly with Android 5.0+ as well as iOS 8+ smartphones.
- The numerous cloud-based watch faces deserve special mention.
- The 3-axis acceleration sensor will keep a proper track of the daily activities like steps covered, calories burned, hours of sleeping, snacking, hydrating, etc. At the same time, the 24*7 heart rate monitor will help you to observe the health closely.
- The digital crown button will help to respond to messages instantly.
This sports smartwatch by Honor has been manufactured with 316L stainless steel that gives it an ultra-thin stylish finish and makes it lightweight as well as comfortable at the same time. There is a perfect balance maintained between power consumption and the performance of the watch. Other than the incredible smart features that will impress every buyer, the product has adopted a double crown design. The straps have undergone strict allergy test to ensure complete safety for all skin types.
It has a 1.2-inch AMOLED display screen with high pixel density (390×390).
- The Huawei Health app can be used to connect to your phone via Bluetooth 4.2 to monitor your fitness goals closely.
- Scientific sleep tracking feature with automatic sleep recognition and data statistics
- Capable of handling up to 50 metres of water pressure.
- The strap features Italian leather on the front and silicone rubber at the back.
- It comes with a built-in GPS that supports three satellite positioning systems all over the world.
- Perfect for 24/7 heart rate monitoring with the help of HUAWEI TruSeen 3.0
- Honor Watch Magic has a professional fitness mentor that can give you proper advice from introductory to advanced levels to improve your workout sessions, offers you customized running courses.
It is the 21st century and watches are capable of doing much more than you know! This Amazfit T-Rex smartwatch has a rugged body and 12 military certifications. It has been designed to survive in the harshest of situations like extremely high temperature, humidity and so on. It comes in four colours like rock black, army green, khaki and Gamo green.
- It has a sturdy frame and is strong inside out, which makes this perfect for using in all types of environment.
- Features an advanced low-power chip new circuit design along with deep power management that make the battery life last up to 20 days.
- The 1.3-inch AMOLED touch colour screen can support all-day display and allows you to view important information by merely raising the wrist.
- The high-end Sony GPS chip with a built-in dual satellite positioning system will provide you with accurate information in urban jungles and canyon wilderness.
- It is waterproof to 5ATM that makes it perfect for wearing while swimming.
- It comes with 14 basic exercise modes, starting from walking to elliptical training.
- Provides smart notifications for calls, messages, calendar events, reminders etc.
If you want a one-stop-solution to everything in daily life, check out this brand-new Gen2 WatchOut. It is a fine combination of many smart devices that provides high-quality services. This ground-breaking black heavy metallic watch is your all-time fitness assistant as well as smartphone operator. It has a full round face with a 22 mm strap that makes it simply perfect for both sports and other purposes.
- It comes with a built-in speaker and a mic to function upon voice command.
- It has multi-sports tracking features, a pedometer to track steps, heart rate monitor that guarantees precision, calorie counter, sleep quality monitor and a sedentary monitor.
- The high-resolution radian IPS 1.3-inch screen display offers a premium viewing experience.
- It is Ip54 water splash-proof.
- Control your phone music player, camera, make/receive phone calls, access OK Google and Siri with simple Bluetooth connectivity.
- It is compatible with Android 4.3+ and iOS 7+.
- Features a 64MB RAM and 128MB ROM.
- Has a battery back-up of approximately 48 hours
It is the first-ever active smartwatch by Noise and has already created a hype in the market. The high-quality aluminium alloy body is waterproof and comes with changeable watch straps. Equipped with all the advanced health features you need, the NoiseFit Evolve is committed to helping you tick off the fitness goals. Easy Bluetooth connectivity will help you attend to calls and messages without even touching the phone.
- It has a 1.2-inch full round touchscreen display.
- The different health features like sleep tracker, step counter and calorie counter are worthy of special mention.
- The 24/7 heart rate monitor will manually as well as automatically analyse and show results every 10 minutes.
- It has nine in-built sports modes like walking, running, mountaineering, yoga etc.
- The battery life lasts up to 72 hours on one charge and ten days on standby.
- The smartwatch is IP68 sweatproof and waterproof.
The Q Sport collection of Fossil brings you this fantastic smartwatch with a touchscreen interface and several modern features. From monitoring your sleep to tracking your heart rate, this item will help you do anything and everything. It also comes with an untethered GPS which is quite convenient for the users. Usually, it comes with a silicone strap, but the watch is entirely compatible with all 22 mm straps.
- It has automatic heart rate monitoring facilities during a workout.
- This Fossil smartwatch takes your fitness goals very seriously. Therefore, Google Fit will provide you with professional health coaching to help accomplish the activity goals.
- With the help of Bluetooth technology, connect your phone to the watch and get notifications via smart notifications, i.e., vibration easily.
- The dials of this smartwatch can be personalized.
- The product can function in low power mode for approximately 48 hours.
- It is compatible with all Android 4.4+ and iOS 9.3+ devices.
Amazfit is here with another one of its latest creations that is going to blow your mind. The Pace A1612 stands out for its sophisticated design, technological advancement, style and comfort. Featuring a decent battery life of 11 days, this product comes with in-built GPS that can track your runs and measure the distance easily. With the Amazfit Pace, you will have a smooth wireless experience via Bluetooth that is guaranteed to make life a lot simpler.
- It consists of a durable ceramic bezel with an always-on touchscreen display. It is scratchproof, and the Corning Gorilla 3 tempered glass makes it even more durable.
- It has been IP67 certified to be dustproof and waterproof.
- Keep a keen eye on your health and fitness goals with a series of advanced features and sensors like GPS+GLONASS, 9-axis IMU sensors, optical heart rate sensors etc.
- The smartwatch has an internal storage of 2.45GB that can be used to store music.
- Whether it is Facebook notifications or weather forecast- this product will help you to stay more organized and access relevant information easily. Not to mention, you can enjoy phone-free music any time by pairing the watch with your Bluetooth headphones.
- It is compatible with Android 4.4+ and iOS 8+ devices (via Bluetooth 4.4)
Buying guide- Smartwatches
A standard smartwatch will try to provide you with all the services like fitness tracking, notifications, entertainment and so on. Therefore, before choosing the particular item, make sure to go through all the functions it is capable of performing.
- Health features– If you’re investing in a smartwatch, it must be having advanced fitness features like tracking heart rate and steps. This will help you to analyse the efficacy of your workout session. They must also come with in-built exercise modes like walking, cycling, swimming etc.
- Notifications– A smartwatch must be capable of providing you with all the notifications from your smartphone like calls, messages, Facebook/WhatsApp notifications, alarm, calendar reminders and so on. Not only that but make sure that it has the required features to let the user respond to the notification.
- Applications– The applications of a smartwatch are critical because they are the core of its functionality. Based on the operating system of the device, you can also install the apps of your choice.
- Entertainment– Every standard smartwatch must come with the feature that helps you to control the music system of your phone and play songs anytime.
- GPS– The in-built GPS feature is mandatory for smartwatches. It helps to track location and also provide sufficient information about the place.
- Voice command– Most users prefer a smartwatch with voice features for convenience. A smartwatch with a speaker system and a mic will save you some time and effort.
It is always recommended to buy a smartwatch that compliments your phone. Usually, the operating system of the smartwatch is compatible with Android and iOS. However, some items come with their OS and only support a particular set of devices. Always check whether the OS of the watch is compatible with that of your smartphone to avoid inconvenience.
- Wearable operating system (Android)– It offers a user-friendly interface, customizable and is quite similar to that of an Android smartphone.
- iOS- It can only support the applications that are approved in the stringent selection process of Apple.
- Tizen- Manufactured by Samsung, this is compatible with phones, tablets and other such devices. The user can synchronize their devices and access the apps provided by them.
- Windows 10– It is specific for smartwatches that are developed by Microsoft. It is compatible with Windows, iOS and Android smartphones.
The latest smartwatches feature OLED and AMOLED screens that offer a crisp display with high-resolution images, bright colours that can be viewed perfectly in bright light also. Black and white LCD screens are usually preferred by people who are keen on saving power. Besides, they are also not vividly visible in bright light. Most smartwatches do not have an always-on display to retain battery life.
Always consider the following in case of the display-
- Protective glass– One must buy a smartwatch that will not only come with all the cool features but also feature a bit of ruggedness and what is better than the fortified Gorilla glass! Whether you are climbing a mountain or taking a dip, the display must be able to withstand it all. Most users prefer a smartwatch with 5ATM water-resistant property, i.e., it can handle water pressure up to 50 metres.
Smartwatches typically have two interfaces-
- Buttons & bezels
If you are comfortable with the conventional approach, stick to the first option. However, if you want to embrace modern technology, go with the second one- the most popularly used one. Not only does it ensure a sleek finish, but the display is also bigger in this case.
For comfort and convenience, don’t go for the ones with clasps. Instead, choose a smartwatch that comes with replaceable bands and straps.
Smartwatches usually come with cable charging. However, advanced technological modifications have introduced wireless charging as well. If you are willing to spend a little extra, go with the modern and convenient wireless option.
Is it possible to use the smartwatch as a secondary phone?
Many smartwatches come with Duo sim slot. You can easily put one sim card in the watch and the other in the phone and use them simultaneously at your convenience.
To sync the data with the specific smartwatch application, does the user need to plug the phone to the device?
Not at all, because the smartwatch calls for convenience wireless technology and Bluetooth takes care of it all very easily.
What is the minimum Bluetooth connectivity range of a smartwatch with the phone?
The minimum connectivity range is 30 feet or 10 metres, depending on the environment. However, in-built GPS has made way for a better experience.