As the name gives away, room heaters are used to heat a room or a small space with the help of gas or electricity. They are mostly used during winters and are indispensable in places with a generally cold climate. Although the modern room heaters are mostly portable, these convenient appliances are either fitted to a wall or portable in nature. If you are interested in buying one for sustaining the winter, check out the top 10 branded room heaters online.
Table of Contents
10 Best Room Heaters in India 2023:
Solimo room heaters are known for their efficiency and ease of use. This 2000-Watt room heater is perfect for keeping a compact-sized room warm for a considerable time. It also has variable thermostat settings that allow the user to regulate the amount of heat that will be generated depending on the outside temperature. Therefore, the heater is completely flexible for day and night use.
- The heater uses a powerful 2400 RPM copper winded motor for spot heating.
- It can be used vertically or horizontally.
- You must use the heater with a 16A plug.
- The air throw range is 10 ft approximately, which is perfect for small to medium-sized rooms.
- The heating power (cool, warm and hot) can be adjusted with the help of a wind selection knob.
- The grill material is made from rust-free metal.
- It is a lightweight product that can be shifted from room to room easily.
- There is a safety fuse that goes off when the heater reaches 126 degrees C.
This product is a must-have for surviving the chilly winters. This element heater guarantees an even distribution of heat in the entire room for convenience. Not only that, but it also comes with a bunch of safety features. There is also an in-built handle that helps you to move the heater from one place to another easily. Lastly, it comes with a one-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- It can heat a 250 sq. ft. room instantly.
- It can operate on a 2000W power setting to deliver heat.
- The body is made from high-quality, engineered plastic.
- It only works on 15A type of plug.
- The heating element is non-sagging, stitching type and durable.
- There is overheating safety- thermal cut-off feature for prevention of mishaps.
- The exterior is made from cool to touch material which makes it convenient to keep it anywhere in the room.
To combat the cold winters, Bajaj Flashy room heater is here. The product is ISI approved and features an array of safety features to prevent any mishap. It has been designed for providing the ultimate comfort during the winters because the adjustable thermostat lets you customize your heating requirements easily. There is a 2-year warranty on the Bajaj 1000 Watts heater.
- It is a 1000W heater, designed for providing radiant warmth in small spaces.
- You can customize your temperature settings with the help of the adjustable thermostat.
- It ensures a neat and clean operation without any refrigerant.
- For safe and efficient heating, the product features a cotton-braided cord and nickel-chromium plated mesh grid that is corrosion resistant and enhances the surface hardness.
- Due to the compact design of the heater, it can be placed anywhere in the room.
- Overheating protection is also available.
- It comes with a stainless steel corrugated reflecting surface that helps to distribute heat evenly in the entire room.
- For providing support, it has a sturdy and flexible stand at the bottom.
Featuring a PTC ceramic heating element, the Havells OFR is known in the market for its energy-efficient heating technique. It also has an oscillating fan that ensures multi-directional heating. Not only that, but it also has a dust filter that keeps the dirt away to ensure proper functioning for a long time. Having an elegant design, this room heater is sure to complement the aesthetics or décor of your room.
- Available with a quick-heating PTC fan and thermostatic heating control, the Havells OFR is your perfect partner for winter.
- For easy mobility, the product comes on castor wheels.
- It consists of 3 power settings- 1000W,1500W and 2500W.
- There is also space for cord storage and a rear safety cover.
- It comes with overheat protection.
- The fine colour combination and design will be a complement to any type of room décor.
This Morphy Richards oil-filled heater features nine thin fins that ensure the heat reaches every corner of the room. It is a 2000 Watts heater that can work on the temperature of a room within a few minutes. Morphy Richards provides a 2-year long warranty on this room heater.
- This oil-filled radiator comes with a total of 9 fins which ensure heat is distributed evenly and rapidly to all parts of the room.
- For the user’s convenience, there is an adjustable thermostat that takes care of personalized temperature requirements.
- The product comes on a mounting plate with castor wheels that make it portable.
- There is an added back cover as well as a humidifier.
The Orpat OEH heater is perfect for spot heating. You can also use it as a fan. The variable thermostat setting helps you to control the temperature conveniently. What sets Orpat away from the others is that it has various safety features like overheat protection and thermal cut-off that strives to prevent any mishap or damage.
- It is a low power-consuming device that requires 240V for operation.
- This 2000W heater is perfect for heating small to medium-sized rooms- 250 sq. ft.
- It comes with overhead protection and uses a non-sagging, stitching type long-life heating element.
- Thermal cut off is available.
- It has variable thermostat settings to manage your temperature requirements.
- Two heat settings are available- 1000W and 2000W.
Perfect for using as a forced-air circulator and a drier, the Bajaj Blow Hot consists of two long-running heating elements (1 KW each). It evenly distributes heat over a large area because the stand has been designed to provide both upward and downward airflow. It is portable because the product is made of high-quality plastic.
- The Bajaj Blow Hot has been designed to provide you instant warmth even in chilly weathers.
- Two heat setting options are available- 1000 Watts and 2000 Watts.
- Overheat protection, i.e., auto thermal shutoff is available.
- It uses an efficient PVC cord for emitting hot air.
- The heater has a compact design and can fit anywhere in the room.
- It is made from high-quality ABS plastic, and the grill material is that of durable plastic as well.
- It features a neon indicator to determine whether the device is on.
- You can use the Bajaj Blow Hot as a forced-air circulator, drier and a room heater.
Ideal for a small space (approximately 150 sq. ft.), the Usha Quartz room heater has been designed especially for low power consumption. For prevention of corrosion, the surface is powder-coated. It comprises of two heating positions to suit your preferences. The Usha Quartz room heater has a warrant coverage for two years.
- The Usha Quartz is perfect for spot heating.
- The heater is ideal for heating small spaces- 120 to 150 sq. ft.
- On average, the heater consumes 230 volts of power.
- The quartz is used as the heating element.
- The product comes with hooks at the back, which helps to mount the power cord for easy storage.
The special two-in-one functionality of the Bajaj Majesty heater is what’s creating a hype in the market. Featuring an international style and design, the Bajaj Majesty room heater will be a perfect addition to your room with swanky interiors. It comes with a built-in handle that takes the factor of portability to a higher level. Last but not least, the safety features of this room heater stand out.
- It is a 2000 Watts heat convector that is used for instant heating.
- Featuring an adjustable thermostat, it has two heat settings- 1000 and 2000W.
- To prevent overheating, the heater comes with an auto thermal shut off and a thermal fuse.
- Both horizontal and vertical installation is possible with this product.
- The durable thermostat comes with a cool-touch housing.
The Usha 423 2000W heat convector has been manufactured for less power consumption and spot heating. It also comes with various safety features for the convenience of the users. If you want relief from the biting cold of winter instantly, choose this. Best of all, the two-fan speed will ensure that the warm air reaches every corner of the room.
- It comes with side air inlet grills.
- This is an ultralight room heater, weighing only 4kgs.
- It has three heating positions such as as- 665 W/ 1330 W/ 2000 W.
- The heater features a twin-turbo design for more efficiency.
- It is capable of providing overhead protection.
- The heat convector has a night light indicator for convenience.
- Comes with thermal cut out safety feature
If you are concerned about the chilly winters and want to take a different approach to tackle the weather, a room heater is one of your most suitable options. However, amidst so many options available, it is a bit difficult to come across the right product that will meet your requirements.
Before buying a room heater, make sure to know about the type of heaters available:
- Infrared heaters– These are the most economical options, ideally suited for small spaces or rooms. It uses less energy and heats the room quickly. Since it consists of no fans, the factor of unpleasant noise can be ruled out. However, it doesn’t come with safety features and cannot heat a large space adequately.
- Fan heaters– This type of heater uses ceramic coils to raise the temperature of the air and spread it evenly to every corner of the room. Fan heaters are quite suitable for large spaces. They are also known as convection heaters or blower room heaters and are known for consuming less energy while working efficiently.
- Oil-filled room heaters– Otherwise known as oil-filled radiators, these are the most popular choices in the market at present even if they take a long time to heat the space. The plus sides are that they aren’t noisy at all and consume less energy. Even if you switch it off, the room will be hot. They are also ideally safe if you have a newborn baby at home because they don’t burn oxygen or reduce the humidity of the room.
Features to Consider for A New Room Heater
- Timers– For a more convenient experience, make sure your room heater comes with a timer, i.e., helping you to set turn on and off times. This option is also suitable for conserving energy.
- Noise Level– The noise level depends on the type of technology that the heater is utilizing to function. You can choose radiant or oil filled room heaters if you prefer complete silence. Fan or ceramic heaters can make a little noise, but there are some options where you can adjust the level.
- Thermostat Control– It is indeed one of the essential features to look for in a heater because the thermostat control helps to set the temperature of the room according to your requirements and keep you comfortable at all times.
- Portability– Lightweight heaters with an in-built handle are portable and mostly preferred by buyers.
- Safety Features– Always go for room heaters that come with safety features such as overheat protection, thermal cut off and so on. If the heater shuts off automatically after reaching a certain temperature, there will be far lesser chances of a mishap.
- Wattage– Usually, a 2000W heater is perfect for heating a reasonably large space adequately. But remember that more capacity means more efficiency.
- Energy Efficiency– A heavy-duty heater can reflect on your monthly electricity bill. Always choose room heaters that consume less electricity and function efficiently. Certain features allow the heaters to work on low energy. Timers and auto turn-offs are a few of them.
- Multiple Heat Settings– Not every room is that of the same size. If your heater has multiple heat settings, it will be even easier to use it in various temperature conditions and differently-sized spaces.
- Automatic Oscillation– This particular feature is mostly found in fan heaters. It is indeed very important to ensure that the heat is distributed evenly to all parts of the room.
- Humidity– To raise the temperature of the room and keep it warm, heaters utilize oxygen. Therefore, a notable drop in the humidity levels of the room will cause dry eyes or nasal blockage. That is why it is advised to search for a heater that has been designed to maintain normal humidity levels in the room while functioning or get a humidifier.
Buying a room heater is not only considering its functionalities but also its aesthetics. They are available in a lot of colours, sizes and designs. Choose the one that goes perfectly with the overall interiors of your house. It should coordinate well with the décor of the room.
The price of a standard ceramic heater is around 1000 to 2000INR. But you also need the additional features that push up your budget to 7000INR. Oil-filled room heaters are the most expensive ones and range between 10,000 to 15,000 INR. Consider it as a long-term investment because all heaters come with a warranty of 1-2 years.
a. Are room heaters safe for use in an unvented space?
Electric space heaters are safe for use in unvented rooms.
b. How to deal with the decreasing oxygen level caused due to a room heater?
Keep a bucket of water near the device or get a room heater with a humidifier to deal with the dryness. You can also keep a door or window open, if feasible.
c. Are electric heaters safe for overnight use?
Running an electric heater all night can pose several risks such as nose blockage, excessive heating, dry skin and so on. In that case, get a room heater with a timer.